Water & Sewer utilities are billed monthly. Each month you will get a bill for the base rate which is currently $32.00 for 400 cubic feet of water (one cubic foot is equivalent to 7.48 gallons) and $80.02 for sewer (if applicable). We read the meters every other month (the even numbered months) and bill for any excess water use at that time.
The excess water charge is currently $.041 per cubic foot over 400.
These rates are for single family 3/4″ meter and for those living within the city limits.

Outdoor Burning is permitted from October 1st to June 30th with a self issuing permit that is available outside City Hall’s front door in a purple box.
Burn piles must be all natural yard clipping.
Burn barrels are illegal in Washington State.
Contact Underwood Conservation District to see if your project qualifies for free mobile chipping as an alternative to outdoor burning.

Building permits and Land Use permits are required in the City limits.

Dog Licenses – Dogs need to be licensed through Skamania County Auditor’s office located at 240 NW Vancouver. Current rates range from $3.75 to $15.00. 509-427-3730

Farm Animals and Urban Farm Animals – Urban Farm Animals are allowed in all residential zones; you may be able to have other farm animals if your property meets the requirements. A handout to help clarify where and what type of farm animals are allowed is available here. If  you still have questions, give us a call!

Other Agencies that you may need …
PUD #1 (electricity) 509-427-5126
Avista Gas Company 800-223-9165
Cable TV 877-743-2907
Curbside Garbage Service Columbia River Disposal 1-800-622-1096 or 509-493-3930
Skamania County Solid Waste 509-427-3926 (Recycling and garbage that you haul yourself)
CenturyLink (phone) 800-788-3500
Non Emergency Sheriff’s office 509-427-9490 Emergency 911
Auto Licensing: 509-427-3730
Drivers Licensing: 509-493-1131
Register to Vote 509-427-3730
North Shore Medical Group (clinic) 509-427-4212
Wind River Pharmacy 509-427-5480