Public Disclosure Information

The City of Stevenson follows the Public Records Act regarding disclosure of its public records. Under state law, a public records request must include a reasonable description that would allow a city employee to locate the records. The City of Stevenson also has a Public Records Request Policy.

Frequently Requested Records

Many public records are currently available on the City’s web site at no cost. Examples include Comprehensive Plan, Current Planning projects, Budget, City Council meetings (current and past), and other documents.


Some records are exempt from disclosure. The Public Records Act and other statutes list the types of documents exempt from public inspection and copying. The City of Stevenson will NOT disclose lists of individuals for commercial purposes. If only a portion of a record is exempt from disclosure, the Public Records Officer or designee will redact the exempt portions before providing the document.

How to Make a Request 

Complete the public disclosure form
There are a number of ways to obtain the form:

  • Use the online public disclosure request form – must be printed and either mailed or delivered to city hall.
  • Download and fill out the PDF version of the request form –  must be printed and either mailed or delivered to city hall.
  • Request a hard copy of the request
  • Send in your own written request
    • Make sure to include detailed information of what you are looking for, as well as your contact information. Email addresses are helpful.

Be sure to tell us your mailing address if we are mailing it to you.

Cost to Print Requested Records

Hard copies are 10 cents per impression. Audio tapes, video tapes, diskettes, CDs, DVDs are based on actual cost.

After We Receive Your Request

The City has five business days to respond to a records request. The Public Disclosure Officer will:

  • Provide the records
  • or Acknowledge receipt of request and give a timetable for delivery
  • or Ask for clarification
  • or Deny the request with a statement as to why it is being withheld and with a citation of the RCW.

How to Appeal a Denial

If we deny your public records request, you may request a review by sending a written letter addressed to Public Records. Requests must be made in writing and you must include your public records log number.


City of Stevenson Public Disclosure Officer