Who Needs a Business License?

All businesses physically located within the city limits, including those run out of a home, require a business license. The current business license application  is available here. (SMC 5.04 ) Businesses located outside the city limits but doing work inside the city limits also need a business license.

*Note: To find out if a location is within the city limits contact the city at 509-427-5970. Non-profit organizations (churches, thrift stores, etc.) do not require a business license.

Need additional Information about City of Stevenson Business Licenses? Please email or call 509-427-5970

Business Licenses are not transferable.

  • If you move please notify the city.
  • If you are a new owner please print and complete the application below.
  • If you have sold your business or are moving outside the city limits, please notify the city.

Business Licenses must be displayed on a wall in your business. Your local sales tax code is 3002 and must be included in the appropriate place on the State tax return.

Applications and Fees

Download and complete the Business License application

Either print and deliver completed application to the City along with payment, or email completed application to info@ci.stevenson.wa.us and call 509-427-5970 to make your payment over the phone.


Annual fee: $10 – The business license year runs July 1 through June 30.

(Make checks payable to the City of Stevenson)  or call to make a payment over the phone.

Renewing a business

Please completely fill out the form to ensure accurate information for your business is on file.

Vacation Rentals

The requirement that vacation rentals be licensed started in 2016. Property owners wanting to offer a “dwelling unit” for rent or lease for terms less than 30 consecutive days must obtain a Uniform Business Identifier (UBI) number  from the Washington State Department of Revenue and a Vacation Rental License from the City of Stevenson. The complete Vacation Rental Application Packet  is available here. The  fee is $200 per calendar year. Licenses expire on December 31. Applications received after June 30 may be prorated and reduced up to 50%.

New business? Changing building occupancy? Installing new equipment? Need a new sign?

You may need a building permit and/or sign permit. Consult with the building & planning departments about permits you might need.